A day in the life of a not so typical 23 year old woman...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dabbling in Blogging

I guess you could say I am a bit slow to the world of blogging. I haven't had my Mac Powerbook working since February because I have been too lazy to purchase a new charger. However,  with previous access limited to public desktops at work, and a shared one at home, I haven't done anything other than check my emails, read my depressing bank account, and occasionally checking my profile on the "Book". So now that I have my laptop back, I have a new fix, and for some reason decided that my life is just too good to keep to myself.

The things that go through my head, the people that I meet, the experiences that I endure and the obstacles I constantly have to overcome may be entertaining to you, they may make you cringe, laugh, cry or leave you dumbfounded. But at the least I believe that my life will intrigue you, it will allow you to escape your own world and indulge in the not so normal saga of mine.

So who is 'Constantly Growing's' niche? Well, .anyone who may be the slightest bit interested in what a day in the life of a 23 year old woman may be. Whereas our pop culture may tell you that most people in my demographic are concerned with the next happy hour, a potential dinner date for Saturday night, all the favorite brands, brands, brands, brands, Vampires, 1 night stands, earning enough salary to make rent in their city apartment, the newest diet, Tweeting, Tagging and Poking, I find myself in a whirlwind without even dipping in to that  hot lava that consumes most of my peers. Rather I commonly deal with ways in which to convince Orthopaedic Surgeons that i know what the hell I am talking about, fighting the urge to take the edge off- to take a sip of Miller Light or to smoke a fat joint-, I often am concerned with getting to 3 AA meetings a week, calling my Sponsor daily, making routine strides in my personal therapy, learning to live a whole new way of life, letting go and letting God, staying humble and constantly trying to convince people that I am not a complete idiot, that I know how to read, I am not a space cadet- but rather I am just going blind.

My life is absolutely nothing but abnormal. I am a rare breed if you will. I have traveled to some of the greatest places, met some inspiring people and had many candid experiences. All of which make me who I am today. I've been through the ringer, faced a lot of challenges and hit my rock bottom, but all of these things combined make me the strong, endearing individual that i am today.

The point of this Blog is to provide readers with some light humor to their day, and to remind them that no matter how bad life may seem, no matter the moment, the circumstance or the weight of any obstacle we are all constantly growing into the person we were meant to be.

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Miss Jillian.. You are a wonderful person but a even better niece.. Keep up the good work. Hope to see you soon.Love Aunt Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us along on your journey Jillian. Your experience, strength and hope will benefit us all.......Love, Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian, I love that you are doing this!! I want to read all about your daily adventures, whether they are struggles or celebrations....I am interested and love that you are willing to share them with all of us! We all have challenges, you are brave enough to share. Kudos to you! Love...the favorite Aunt Mary Lynn

    ReplyDelete